Monday 12 March 2012

Happy birthday James!

Hello.
Today is James' birthday, and as this is a scheduled post I don't have any more news about his foot. So I'm just going to share his birthday card. I wanted to make him something based on Star Wars so I did a quick search for something to used. The only stamps I found were rubber ones, and I didn't have time to wait for an order to arrive. Then I came across this site which has a few templates for Star Wars themed snowflakes. They looked like something a bit different to use on a card, so I tried to choose the simplest one, since it was my first try. I used the storm trooper one and made it into a circle easel card.


I had a problem sticking it down though so I didn't like how it ended up looking. I decided to retry it, and this time made it bigger, which meant I could add more of the details. It ended up being too big for a card, so I made it into something for him to stick on his wall. Here is the second attempt.

3 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

These are awesome, Mary-Kate. I bet James loves them. I have a son who loves Star Wars, too! What a charge he would get out of a card like this!

Tammy said...

Very ingenious Mary-Kate! I'm sure James loved the card. Hope he gets to celebrate his birthday at home soon!

Cheryl said...

So cool! Perfect for a Star Wars fan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...